Full Day Trading
Half Day Trading
8:30am to 8:58am / 8:59am1
8:30am to 8:58am /8:59am1
8:58am / 8:59am to 9:00am2
8:58am / 8:59am to 9:00am2
9:00am to 12:00pm
9:00am to 12:00pm
12:00pm to 12:58pm / 12:59pm1
12:58pm / 12:59pm to 1:00pm2
1:00pm to 5:00pm
5:00pm to 5:04pm / 5:05pm1
12:00pm to 12:04pm / 12:05pm1
5:04pm / 5:05pm to 5:06pm2
12:04pm / 12:05pm to 12:06pm2
Trade at Close
5:06pm to 5:16pm3
12:06pm to 12:16pm3
1. Only limit orders are allowed during Pre-Open / Pre-Close phase. The Pre-Open / Pre-Close phase ends randomly at any time within this one-minute window and the Non-Cancel phase begins immediately after.
2. Orders are not allowed to be cancelled during Non-Cancel phase.
3. Trade at Close (TAC) is a ten minutes trading phase commencing immediately after the closing routine. Orders are matched continuously only at the fixed equilibrium price established from the preceding closing auction. Orders can only be completed at the price set during 5:06 - 5:16pm.
2.Board Lot Sizes
The standard board lot size is 100 units. However, certain products such as some Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), American Depository Receipts (ADRs), and fixed income instruments may trade in other board lot sizes.
Board Lot Size
Stocks, DLCs, Warrants
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
5, 10 or 100
American Depository Receipts (ADRs)
Fixed Income Instruments
10, 100 or 1,000
The minimum bid size is also known as tick size and represents the smallest price increment that the price of a security can change.
Price Range ($)
Minimum Bid Size ($)
Stocks, REITs, Business Trusts, Company Warrants
0.20 to 0.995
1.00 and above
Structured Warrants & Daily Leverage Certificates (DLCs)
0.20 to 1.995
2.00 and above
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs)
0.01 or 0.001 as SGX-ST determines
Debentures, Bonds, Loan Stocks and Preference Shares
SG stocks follows T+2 settlement arrangement where clearing and settlement will be completed on the second working day after the trade is transacted.
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) are funds that invest in a portfolio of income generating real estate assets such as shopping malls, offices or hotels, usually with a view to generating income for unit holders of the fund (i.e. investors of the REITs).
Assets of REITs are professionally managed, and revenues generated from assets (primarily rental income) are normally distributed at regular intervals to investors. REITs allow investors to access real property assets and share the benefits and risks of owning a portfolio of properties.
Units of REITs are bought and sold like other securities listed on SGX at market driven prices.
1. DLCs Introduction
Daily Leveraged Certificates (DLCs) are structured financial instruments that offer investors fixed leverage of up to 7 times of the daily performance of the underlying asset (e.g. market indices or single stocks). It has a maximum validity period of 3 years and will be delisted automatically when the value reaches 0. DLCs, which are leveraged products, track the real-time prices of the day, which will have a compounding effect when held for a long period of time and may result in more losses.
For example, if the underlying asset moves by 1% from its closing price of the previous trading day, the value of a 3x DLC will move by 3%, and that of a 7x DLC will move by 7%
2. Trading Information
(1) Exchange: Singapore Exchange
(2) DLC Types: Long & short DLCs
(3) Underlying Assets: Single stocks and market indices in Singapore and Hong Kong markets
(4) Trading Hours (Singapore Time):
|Pre-Open||8:30am - 9:00am|
|Open||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Pre-Open||12:00pm - 1:00pm|
|Open||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
(5) Leverage: Up to 7 times
(6) Currency: Singapore dollar
(7) Board Lot Size: 100 shares
(8) Tick Size:
|0.001 - 0.199||0.001|
|0.200 - 1.995||0.005|
|2.00 and above||0.01|
(9) Expiry Date: DLCs have a finite lifespan and cease to exist on the expiry date. (Maximum 3 years)
3. Trading Instructions
(1) Before trading for the first time, clients need to sign an agreement to open the DLC trading when placing an order on the stock page.
(2) In the Tiger Trade APP, clients need to pay attention to the relevant expiry date on the stock page. Clients may go to [the Quotes Page > Company] to check the information of the corresponding DLC, such as the counter name, leverage, etc.
(3) Investor Suitability: Daily Leverage Certificates (DLCs) are for investors who are willing to accept the risk of substantial losses up to the principal investment amount, possibly within a very short time frame. Investors should also have sufficient understanding of the product and should possess either a high level of knowledge or sufficient trading experience to properly evaluate and assess the product structure, associated risks, valuation, costs and expected returns. DLCs seek to achieve short-term investment results that correspond to the daily magnified performance of the underlying asset. DLCs are suitable for investors equipped with investment knowledge of complex financial instruments and willing to take and accept high risk. To invest in DLCs, investors need to be Specified Investment Products (SIP) qualified.