Learn More About the Trading
Products available for trading at your fingertips:
- S. Market: Stocks, ETFs, Options, Futures and OTC market (Pink sheet)
- Hong Kong Market: Stocks, ETFs, Options, Warrants and Futures
- Singapore Market: Stocks, ETFs, REITs and Futures
- China Market: A-Share (in HKEX Northbound Trading)
- Australia Market: Stocks
What order types does Tiger Trade offer?
- A Limit Order is an order to buy or sell at a specified price or better. The Limit order ensures that if the order fills, it will not fill at a price less favourable than your limit price, but it does not guarantee a fill.
- A Market Order is an order to buy or sell at the market bid or offer price. A market order may increase the likelihood of a fill and the speed of execution, but unlike the Limit order a Market order provides no price protection and may fill at a price far lower/higher than the current displayed bid/ask.
- A Stop-Limit Order is an instruction to submit a buy or sell limit order when the user-specified stop trigger price is attained or penetrated. The order has two basic components: the stop price and the limit price. When a trade has occurred at or through the stop price, the order becomes executable and enters the market as a limit order, which is an order to buy or sell at a specified price or better.
- A Stop-Loss Order is an order placed with a broker to buy or sell a specific stock once the stock reaches a certain price. A stop-loss is designed to limit an investor's loss on a security position.
- A Conditional Order allows the user to attach one or more stipulations that must be true before the order can be submitted. This might allow an investor to only buy/sell an option if its underlying is trading above or below a specified level.
How can I change my trading password?
There are two ways you can change your trading password and both require you to be logged in to your Tiger Account.
You can update your trading password by navigating to Settings > Security Settings > Change password. Alternatively, if you are in the middle placing an order and have forgotten your trading password, you can simply reset it but clicking the 'Forgot trade password?' link in the trading login box, entering your Tiger account's Login Password and following the prompts to reset your trading password.